Advertisements

TYRON CHARLES: Family member pays tribute after confirming body on moor was that of 29-year-old dad

FAMILY members have paid tribute to Bradford man Tyron Charles after confirming that a body found by police earlier this week was his.

Officers involved in the long-running murder investigation concerning the missing 29-year-old found a corpse during a search of moorland close to Nab Water Lane, Oxenhope, on Wednesday.

Although the body is yet to be formally identified, Mr Charles’s family have been informed, and relatives said on social media yesterday that they would “cherish” his memory.

Leonie Charles wrote on Facebook: “There aren’t really many words I can use that can express the extent of my family’s heartbreak over the past few weeks, and more so the past two days.

“The police found my cousin Tyron’s body yesterday (Wednesday). This is something we knew was coming, however nothing can prepare you for the mixture of emotions that news like this brings. Finding out was one of the saddest moments of my life.

“Tyron loved his family beyond words, I wish I could take away the pain of my auntie, uncle, Tyron’s sister, and his beautiful children, the people who will be affected by this more significantly than anyone in the world.

“For me I will miss the little best friend I had growing up, the only member of the family who was as mischievous as me. I’ll cherish every single amazing memory you brought into my life from being so tiny.

“Now we can bring you home and say goodbye, Tyron Charles RIP.”

Mr Charles, of Unity Street South, Bingley, had last been seen in Denholme on the night of Wednesday, September 6.

Police had spent weeks searching for his body, focusing on areas including the Doe Park outdoor activity centre, Denholme’s Hillcrest estate, and Oxenhope Moor.

Local councillors offered their condolences. Councillor Russell Brown (Con, Worth Valley) said: “I think it’s unfortunate that the police had not been provided with the information they needed, so had to search for the victim for such a long time.”

A 28-year-old man, arrested on Wednesday on suspicion of murder, remained in police custody last night. A 61-year-old woman, arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender, has been released on police bail. A 60-year-old man, who had been re-arrested on suspicion of the same offence, has also been released on bail.

MORE TOP STORIES

James Sutcliffe, 28, of Hillcrest Road, Denholme, has previously been charged with Mr Charles’s murder and is next due to appear at Bradford Crown Court on October 19.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply